Environmental and Sustainability Pledge
Brass Valley is totally committed to superior environmental stewardship and we engage in various practices to ensure that the equipment that we are entrusted with is handled properly by our downstream vendors.
The first method of assurance is a contractual obligation that must be agreed to by our downstream vendors to meet Brass Valley, E-Stewards environmental policies.
No hazardous material can be exported, sent to landfills, incinerated, or processed by prison labor. Scheduled and random audits are performed both by Brass Valley and third parties to ensure compliance. The combination of contractual obligations augmented by auditing has proven very effective in delivering exceptional compliance to Brass Valley’s and our clients’ environmental and sustainability requirements.
Certifications and Small Business
The e-Stewards standard is another electronics recycling standard that differs from the R2 standard in that it is more prescriptive in implementation than R2. The e-Steward standard establishes an Environmental management system that achieves the following:
• Data Security measures that meet federal standards
• Follow current best practices to protect workers and the environment
• Accountability for toxic material throughout the recycling chain of custody
• Practices that encourage responsible reuse
Other features of the standard are
• Avoid exporting toxic e-waste to developing countries
• No child, forced, or prison labor
• No exportation of electronic waste or non-working equipment
• Asset and component level tracking to the end of the waste stream
ISO14001 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
The ISO14001 standard is an inward-looking standard to ensure we’re doing our part as an organization to maintain a healthy environment. The key aspects of this standard are:
• Create an environmental policy appropriate for our business that emphasizes sustainability and responsible environmental stewardship
• Develop an environmental plan to support the policy
• Implement the plan
• Monitor and take corrective actions to be in alignment with the plan
• Sponsorship and active engagement from management with regular review of the plan performance.
ISO 45001 HEALTH AND SAFETY
Brass Valley takes the health and safety of our employees very seriously. IS45001 is a management system used to ensure employee safety, reducing workplace risks, and creating better, safer working conditions.
Key aspects of the standard:
• Health and safety training for all employees
• Safety systems in place to prevent accidents
• Proactive safety management
GOLDMAN SACHS 10,000 SMALL BUSINESSES
Brass Valley is part of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program that achieves the objective of creating jobs and economic opportunities by providing greater access to education, capital, and business support services. To date, more than 10,000 business owners have graduated from the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program across all 50 states in the US, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C.
End to End IT Lifecycle Management
Learning Center & Blog
White Papers, blogs, newsletters, videos, resource guides and policy templates